Electronic Speedometer Adjustment Module
From Dakota Digital
The SIM-1A electric speed correction module is designed to be a permanent addition to your bike's wiring harness to correct the speedometer and odometer after a change in tire size, pulley size or transmission gearing. The unit plugs directly between the stock Harley transmission sensor and the original speedometer or ECM and is easily tucked away into the bike's wiring harness after adjustment is complete.
- With factory Harley connectors, no cutting or splicing is required.
- Two push button switches allow the original speedometer reading to be increased or decreased easily.
- Ability to correct the speed to within 1 MPH or KPH with adjustment range of 25% to 400%.
- Sealed completely from water, dust, and dirt.
The new SIM-1A comes in a smaller size for easier mounting and provides an extended correction range.
Direct plug-in for Harley Davidson models:
- 1995-2003 Sportster Models
- 1996-2006 Softail Models
- 1996-2005 Dyna Models
- 2006 and earlier Touring models with factory electronic speedometer
- Later models (2004-up Sportster, 2006-up Dyna and 2007-up Softail and Touring models) require hardwiring into stock harness, speed correction can be made up to Harley's factory margin of error, typically 3-5% of actual speed reading. If correction is made beyond this, it may result in the loss of the 6th gear indicator light and cruise control.