From Dakota Digital
The MLX-2000 series instruments fit stock 4 ½- 5” Fat Bob tank dashes found on Road King, Softail and various Dyna models with the large, tank-mounted speedometer.
Choose from a black or chrome bezel to start, then dig into the 31 illumination colors; independently select colors for speed reading, message center information, bar-graph readouts and gauge labels, or choose from 12 preset themes! The message center below the main speed reading offers plenty of information and can be configured to show just what the rider wants to see. Gauge display automatically dims for comfortable night time riding and brightens to a high contrast mode for excellent visibility, even in direct sunlight.
Speedometer can be calibrated for custom-gearing situations and allows the user to select MPH or km/H in the setup menu.
To top it all off, the MLX-2000 series features Bluetooth technology for the available mobile app for both Android and Apple iOS devices. Continently access the setup and customization preferences with your smart phone or tablet!
- 250 MPH (400km/h) speedometer
- Wrap around tachometer with adjustable shift point, can also display in digital numeric readout
- Odometer with two resettable trip odometers.
- Miles to service (user settable countdown)
- Clock (12 hour format)
- Voltage readout with low voltage alert
- Cylinder head temp (requires factory sender)
- Oil pressure sender sold separately (SEN-1039) 2016 and earlier applications only, does not fit Milwaukee 8.
- Oil Temperature sender sold separately (SEN-1043, SEN-1044)
- Gear position indicator compatible with 4- 7 speed transmissions
- Standard indicators: turn signal, high beam, neutral, low oil pressure, low voltage, check engine/wait to start
- Available indicators for properly-equipped bikes: Cruise on/cruise engaged (MLX-2004 & 2011 only), ABS, and Security
- Reverse and Traction Control on Freewheeler models only.
- Fuel Level on 2018 - newer if factory equipped.
- 2020 and newer - Rain Mode, Coolflow and VHX vehicle hold control (formerly Hill Assist) messages.
- Automatic turn signal canceling compatible
- Performance calculations include: 0- 60 time, high speed & high RPM recall, 1/4 mile time and speed
- Machined aluminum housing and bezel
- Choose from chrome or black bezel with non-glare scratch resistant lens
Additional gauges that can be added to the MLX Series by use of the Dakota Digital MBM expansion modules are:
- - Air Suspension Pressure (single or dual readings)
- - MBM-19 - Includes 1 sender. Additional sender SEN-1901 sold seperate.
- - Boost
- - MBM-09 - Sender included.
- - GPS-Powered Compass
- - MBM-17
- - Have a Police model or bike without air temp? Add the Ambient Air Temperature sender SEN-1701 (sold separately) to the MBM-17
- - MBM-17
Made in the USA and backed by a two year warranty!
Dakota Digital Instrument systems are shipped from the factory with "0" miles on the odometer. Odometer can be set by the installer multiple times within the first 100 miles of driving. In the event of an error or oversight, the odometer reading can be corrected at the factory for a charge of $20. Please contact Dakota Digital to arrange this service.
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (CST)
605-332-6513 (request a technician)
The manuals are available as an Adobe PDF file to view on-line or download and view/print later. If you don't already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files, you can download it for free from the Acrobat Download Page or by clicking the icon below. Your browser can be configured to automatically open a PDF document when selected within the browser or you can download these files for viewing or printing at a later time, by selecting the "Download To Disk" option in your browser.