Mechanical Engineering Technician
Position Title: Mechanical Engineering Technician
Hours: Monday-Friday, Days
Education Min: Associates Degree
Experience: 12 Months
Benefits: 401k, Employee Discount, Health Ins, Holidays, Sick, UI, Vacation
Worksite: 4510 W. 61st St. North, Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Contact: Tammy Fossum, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Dakota Digital, the leader in aftermarket automotive instrumentation and accessories for the classic, custom and hot rod industries, we have an immediate opening on our new product development team for a full-time Mechanical Engineering Technician. The ideal candidate would be able to think outside the box working alongside the mechanical engineers as a member of a project team, contributing to the development of new products, and improvements to the existing product lines. The candidate would also work directly with the process engineers to ensure new products as well as existing products, comply with processes and procedures within both the design and manufacturing areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the mechanical engineers, as well as project managers, electrical and process engineers, to achieve on-time and on-budget execution and delivery of assigned projects.
- Assemble prototypes as required for proof of new product concept and operation.
- Test fixture assembly as required by production processes. Fixture definition and design will be expected as product familiarity expands.
- Assist process engineers for smooth product transition from engineering to manufacturing.
- Define, set up and conduct tests of completed assemblies and/or parts as required for new product validation.
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations for changes in products or test methods.
- Aid in ensuring that designs satisfy all engineering parameters and are manufacturable per the processes set forth.
- Assist and support production personnel as needed.
- Take on new duties that are reasonable and consistent with the position as needed
- Training in a mechanical design related field. Minimum of an Associate Degree preferred, but not required if candidate processes 1 years of related work experience.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and prints, and make edits and design changes as directed by project engineers.
- Good understanding of multipart product design and assembly.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as being a self-motivated team player able to work independently.
- Knowledge of CAD software required. (Solidworks and Auto CAD preferred)
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience desired, for BOM (Bill of Material) compilation as well as data and report entry/analysis.
- Familiarity with machine shop equipment (routers, mills, lathes, lasers, etc.) and their operation a plus.